Tuesday, August 3, 2010

inspired

you guys must be wondered where did I get the idea of putting everything in a calendar. and in this case, for the sun background... I took it from this calendar...

I can't trace it so I used the pen tool slowly and drew it. the result for the sun is not dat round shape but it still can be considered as the sun when you look at it. hehe..

and as for the calendar date... I planned to put it as vertical only. but after awhile.. i chose to do it circular shape following the sun shape.. and dress it up nicely with the color..

in order to make it as circular shape, I used the envelope wrap and chose "arc". the "arc" has to choices; whether its vertical or horizontal. so, I chose vertical instead.

before I did the the calendar dates, I changed a little things on my "onion man" whom my character in this calendar. he supposed to be a malay person so I dressed him up nicely with baju melayu (which is familiar with malay culture during raya festival) and songkok as his hat to go to pray...

usually in cards and festival posters, there will be jawi writing that bring a "selamat hari raya" theme.. so I included it in the calendar. but this is just a primary.. because the writing is not yet complete version.

oh yea, after I inserted the calendar date.. I insert the colors and like previous works, I used gradient most of the time to put some impact on the sun especially. hehe


No comments:

Post a Comment